About Our Chapel Hill, NC Web Design and Development Services
Our Chapel Hill web design and development agency offers award winning web design services to help businesses grow and increase sales. At our core we are a full service web design and digital marketing agency that combines content, SEO, and custom website design experiences to help companies increase brand value.
We’ve been creating and implementing custom website designs for clients for over 15 years. Never heard of us? It’s probably because we are usually behind the scenes working with digital agencies that use our designs for their clients.
The Chapel Hill design team that will be working on your project includes award winning website and print designers, content strategists, and digital marketing experts from top marketing agencies and brands around NC. Our team has cross-industry experience, allowing us to help many types of companies and brands in and around Chapel Hill, NC increase sales and leads to grow their bottom line.
Our Chapel Hill Website Design Process
Current State Debrief
We will work with your team to understand the evolution of the website, and what functionality and design elements work best. This will help us plan and give direction for the new website design.
This will include items such as:
- Reviewing the current sitemap, content value, and which pages are a priority in the new architecture.
- Better understanding your target users, and what you know about them in regards to content expectations.
- Reviewing the competition to gain insights into their design and content strategy.
Design / Code Framework Definition
This is part of the planning phase in which we will find a WordPress framework that has the functionality and elements needed to create your new website. The framework will be chosen based on:
- Inherent Functionality
- Code Base Efficiency
- Design Efficiency
- Page Builder Used
Making sure the WordPress framework runs efficiently, is easy to use, and is flexible enough to integrate additional 3rd party functionality; will be key for expanding functionality and building elements that address user needs.
How your website’s content is structured is not only beneficial to SEO, but needs to align with your user’s expectations. We will create your website’s information architecture – aligning it with user expectations and search engine value.
- Extracting and analyzing the content sets.
- Organizing/consolidating content sets to align with user behavior and SEO value.
- Building an optimized sitemap and site structure that aligns with the expectations of your target audience.
Design and Development
Once we have the final content set and sitemap finalized, we will start creating the new responsive design that will hold and showcase the content sets. This stage starts with creating a working model to show the basic layout and functionality of the website.
Once the model is completed and approved we will start designing the website.
The design will include:
- Creating a design for the website to optimize page structure for users and search engines, and help communicate brand values through design.
- Website development, testing, and optimizing the code for search engines, mobile devices, and site speed.
- Form implementation that allows for future integration with CRM systems, and easy capture and collection of lead information.
Search Engine Optimization
All our designs include on-site SEO to ensure the search engines like your new website design and content when your website launches. Prior to adding the new content set to the website, we will optimize it for search engines.
This includes optimizing:
- Title Tags, Images, and Content
- On-page Content Hierarchy
- Internal Link Structure and Navigation
- PDF Optimization
SEO and User Transition Plan
Having a transition plan in place when redesigning a website is vitally important to ensure the user journey remains uninterrupted, and search engines can efficiently and effectively apply value to the new website. Missing this step, or poor implementation, can cause traffic loss and user satisfaction decline.
Because we’ll be doing the design, coding, and strategy, most of our transition plan will be integrated into those elements – the remaining transitional items below.
- Technical redirect transition:
- Deleted Pages
- Consolidated Pages
- URL Changes
Making sure you can effectively track KPIs, Goals, and inform Google that you have a new website, we will work with your team to integrate and setup Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools into your new website.
This will include the following items:
- Goal Definition Session
- Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools Setup
- Reporting Strategy
Having a brand book is key to to ensuring that whether it’s an email, a brochure, merchandise, or a 10-foot sign, your company’s identity will be consistent across all customer and user touchpoints.
Your brand book will include:
- The variations of your logo, how to (and not to) use them, with visual examples.
- Your brand’s color palette with color values for screens, websites, printed materials and pantone printing.
- Your brand’s typography and how to use it most effectively in print and online.
- Information on secondary graphic elements, iconography, and where and when to use it.
- Breakdown of key templated documents like brochures, business cards, technical briefs.
- Examples of proper applications on different materials and merchandise.