Came across this video about motivation that really spoke to me and my mentality – good or bad. There have been days I arrive at Starbucks or a similar coffee shop to get my morning tea at 6am (which is my usual daily routine) and before I knew it, it was 6pm and I had not eaten or looked up from my computer.
I became so focused on being successful that day, I was oblivious to the world outside.
My motivation feeds off previous success and seeing progress in my own life. In some ways I guess previous successes is like a drug to me – it drives me, it keeps me up at night, and it pushes me to chase that next high that success brings. Fortunately, I love what I do, so work, as some might call it, is not working to me, but rather just life and fun.
Anyway, before I get to deep inside my own psyche, check out this video. In short, it’s simply the best motivational video that I have seen. It will pump you up and give you that extra boost of energy even when you feel like you don’t have any left – it’s like the 5hour Energy of videos.
Motivational Video by Eric Thomas
Favorite Quotes from the Speech
- When you want to succeed as bad as you want breath then you will be successful.
- To be successful you must be willing to, at any moment, sacrifice what you are for what you will become.
- Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
- Don’t cry to quit, cry to keep going. You’re already in pain, get something for it.
- You won’t be successful until you don’t need to get a dime for what you’re doing.
- All men are created equal, some just work harder in the preseason.