Inbound marketing is a new marketing paradigm that has emerged over the past few years. It emphasizes bringing customers to your business rather than relying on them to search for you and see what you offer. Leading marketers are implementing inbound marketing strategies at an increasing rate because it enables them to connect with their customers in a meaningful way and retain that connection over time. This article outlines some of the most important trends that have shaped inbound marketing strategies in 2023.
Inbound Marketing Strategic Trends
1. Voice Search
Voice search has been a significant trend in marketing for some time now, but it will continue to gain traction in the future. Voice search is expected to become even more prevalent in the coming years. According to Gartner, voice search will account for nearly 70% of all searches by 2023 and continues to grow rapidly. As more people begin using smart speakers like Google Home and Amazon Echo, they will be more likely to query via voice instead of typing on their mobile devices. Voice search is also beneficial because it’s easier for users to interact with and get helpful information since they can see what’s being said instead of reading text on their phones.
2. Location-Based Marketing
Location-based marketing, or “LBM,” is one of the most popular trends in inbound marketing today because it allows businesses to target potential customers based on their location and what they’re searching for. It also enables business owners to send relevant messages directly from their phone or tablet explicitly tailored for them based on where they are at that exact moment.
3. Customer Service
Customer service is another critical aspect of inbound marketing because it allows businesses to provide customers with the best possible service and answers to their questions or concerns. It also allows them to interact with their customers more personally and make them feel like they’re being heard and cared about instead of being marketed.
One of the most popular forms of social media marketing today is Facebook marketing because it allows businesses to target potential customers based on what they like or what interests them, for that matter. By creating a Facebook page for your business, you can then use that page as a way for people to find out more information about your business, post pictures and videos about your services or products, and even invite friends to become fans on your page so they can stay up-to-date with all the latest news from your business.
5. Influence of Micro-Influencers
Influencers are those individuals who are highly followed on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, and their followers tend to trust them more than other people. Suppose you want people to be interested in your products or services. In that case, you should reach out to these influential individuals who have a large following on social media and ask them for their help by offering them a discounted product or service as well as featuring their work in an advertisement for your business so others can see how great they are at what they do.
6. Interactive Content
Social media platforms are great for interacting with your audience so you can keep them up to date with what is happening in your business at any given time. By posting engaging and valuable content, you can ensure that your audience will be interested in what you have to say. By offering free tips on using certain products or services, you can also get people talking about your business and sharing it with their friends and on other social networks, which will help expand your business reach.
7. Featured Snippet Optimization
Brands strive to lead in Google SERPs in their respective industries, and using the right keywords in your posts is essential. Featured Snippets is a great way to do this because it helps improve your SEO for significant search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing. It’s vital to optimize your content for search engines because they are the ones that determine what you see on Google’s SERPs. To do this, you need to have a snippet optimized for each major search engine so Google, Yahoo, and Bing will know what you have written about in your post and how they can incorporate it into their indexing of the content.
8. Video Marketing
Video marketing is the best way to market your business because it engages an audience in a way that allows you to hold their attention. Video marketing is so effective because it’s something that people are becoming more accustomed to. They are getting used to watching videos on their smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Video marketing has become a great way to promote your business because it will grab the attention of people who want to know more about you or even purchase from you.
9. Email Marketing
Email marketing is very effective for businesses, just like any other form of marketing you might do for your business and other online channels such as social media platforms, websites, etc. Email marketing is highly effective if done correctly and with the help of someone who knows what they are doing. By using email marketing, you will get more exposure for your business which will help in increasing sales and generating leads for your business.
Blogging can be an extremely effective way to share information about your products and services with customers, potential customers, or potential clients, as well as with potential employees, etc. It’s also a great way to showcase the work that you do and show off how excellent your company or brand is by being able to share what they do on their blog on other social networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter which will help generate exposure for them through these channels too which can lead them directly back into contact with potential clients or customers.
10 Must-Know Statistics
- Search overtakes social as the top referral source – Search has replaced social media as the leading traffic source since 2017. It is a considerable turnaround for inbound marketers who’ve always focused on social media as their primary traffic source.
- Link building is the most challenging SEO tactic, according to 65% of marketers. Link building is the most difficult SEO tactic to master because it’s all about making the right connections between different websites. As a result, marketers spend more time, energy, and resources on link building than ever before. A survey by Advanced Web Ranking found that 65% of marketers say that link building is their most difficult SEO tactic to master. Linkbait remains the most popular method for achieving content-based links, with 54% of marketers using it.
- 55% of marketers prioritize blog posts in inbound marketing – The popularity of blog posts in content marketing has increased by 55% since last year, according to HubSpot. This isn’t surprising, given that post-back link building is the best way to optimize a blog post for search engines. A HubSpot survey found that 55% of marketers say blog posts are their most important content type. The second most popular content type was video, with 52% of marketers using it.
- 75% of blogging have no external connections – Moz found that 75% of blogs have no external links to other websites. This means that if they are not linking to other websites, they are not optimizing their blog posts for search engines or social media content. A blog post is a great way to build links and optimize SEO, but if it’s not linking out, it’s not doing its job.
- 70% of marketers have very little uniform compelling content – Altimeter found that 70% have very little uniform effective content, meaning they don’t have a consistent theme for their content marketing. This is why they can’t identify their target audience from a search query. By having a consistent theme, the marketing teams can create a more focused message and better understand their target audience.
- 66% of marketers are not looking to increase their blog post shares – HubSpot found that 66% are not looking to increase the number of shares on their blog posts and are instead focused on increasing traffic to their blog through social media and SEO. This is great news for bloggers because social media engagement is more valuable than shares in providing value for your brand.
- 87% of B2B customers value influencer marketing – DemandGen found that 87% of B2B customers value influencer marketing when engaging with a brand. This means that influencer marketing is a powerful way for brands to connect with their target audience and build trust.
- 72% of marketers aren’t measuring social media ROI – Social Media Examiner found that 72% aren’t measuring the ROI from their social media efforts. This is a big problem because it means they cannot see how their campaigns are performing and what they need to improve to boost their performance. Marketers need to measure the success of their campaigns to figure out what worked and didn’t work to improve their campaigns in the future.
- LinkedIn remains B2B marketers’ favorite network (93%) – Smart Insights & Clutch found that LinkedIn is still the favorite network among B2B marketers. This is because it remains the best place to find and connect with other professionals. In addition, LinkedIn allows you to find the right contacts and build relationships that will lead to more business opportunities.
- Only 2% of B2B marketers use Snapchat – Forrester found that only 2% of B2B marketers use Snapchat, which is a shame considering how effective this network can be when marketing your business. Snapchat allows you to gain a deeper understanding of your target audience and engage with them in a fun way so you can build trust and increase your brand’s visibility.