Building The Complete Experience
We create website design experiences that include design, development, SEO, UX, and analytics, so your users and Google will love your new website.
Your website will be one of the primary engagement points for your business, yet 9 out of 10 businesses don’t follow a best in class process when designing their website. Thus, their new website frustrates users and is not SEO friendly. This is where our website design services go above and beyond what a traditional web design agency offers.
We know that every engagement point counts towards whether your customers will buy from you or go to your competitor. This is why our web design team creates online experiences that include the complete customer journey – from the time your customers find you on Google, to when they engage with your website, and on through the conversion.
Associate Director of SEO, Mindshare
Bill was great to work with, and a very knowledgeable SEO expert. I learned a lot about strategy from Bill, but two things set him apart:
1) Bill is able to speak from experience on nearly any SEO project.
2) Bill truly understands the big picture role of SEO alongside content strategy, UX, and other marketing channels.
Choosing the best website design company for your small businesses can be difficult. Just going to Google and typing in “web design company”...
So, the time has come for you to do a complete redesign of your website. You know you...
Step 1: Gather Requirements
We’ll have a kickoff call to understand past initiatives and gather feedback about design elements, requirements, and competitive functionality. This includes:
- Understanding current state content value and which pages are a priority in the new architecture.
- Better understanding your target users and what you know about them in regards to content expectations.
- We will conduct a current state audit across design, content, and SEO data points.
- Reviewing the competitive landscape to help inform functionality and design elements.
Step 2: Define The Information Architecture
We will build a content strategy and organize your content in a way that aligns with what Google likes and what your users expect to see. This includes:
- Extracting and analyzing the content set.
- Organizing/consolidating content sets to align with user behavior and SEO value.
- Building an optimized sitemap and site structure that aligns with the expectations of your target audience.
Step 3: Optimize The Content For Search Engines
At their core, all our website designs include on-site SEO to ensure that Google likes your new website and content when the website is made live. This includes optimizing:
- Title Tags, Images, and Content
- On-page Content Hierarchy
- Internal Link Structure and Navigation
Step 4: Identify The Framework
This phase of our website design process will help us find the best framework to build your new website upon.
The framework we will use is chosen based on:
- Inherent Functionality
- Code Base Efficiency
- Design Efficiency
- Page Builder Used
Step 5: Website Design and Development
Our developers utilize award winning content management systems – giving you the ability to edit your content, easily sell products, and integrate third-party software. All our websites are designed on a responsive framework, so they look beautiful on your desktop and mobile device.
The design will include:
- Creating a design for the website to optimize page structure for users and search engines.
- Form integration and conversion rate optimization to allow for easy lead capture and collection of lead information.
- If you need an eCommerce website, we will include shopping cart design and implementation.
- Developing, testing, and optimizing the code for search engines, mobile devices, and speed.
Step 6: Transition and Relaunch Plan
If you’re moving your website to a new CMS or redesigning it, making a smooth transition from your old website to your new one is key to keeping users happy and Google traffic levels steady.
Because we’ll be doing the design, coding, and content strategy, most of our transition plan will be integrated into those elements – the remaining transitional items are below.
- Technical Transition
- Redirect Strategy
Step 7: Google Analytics Setup
To make sure you can effectively track website visitors, sales, and leads, we will setup Google Analytics and Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tools) on your new website. This will include the following items:
- Goal Definition Session
- Reporting Strategy
- Scorecard Creation
Step 8: QA and Post Launch Audit
Once your website launches, we will perform a post launch QA and Audit to ensure the website is functioning properly and the SEO strategy has been fully integrated.
If we find any issues we will fix the concern, and retest the website for effectiveness.
Website Management (Optional)
Making sure your WordPress website and Plugins stay up to date, your design remains consistent, and your website stays secure, we provide optional monthly website management and support. Example website management activities include:
- Monthly website audit and insight document with opportunities and recommendations to further optimize the experience and SEO for your target audience.
- Monthly analytics reporting scorecard and insights gained from the data.
- Core WordPress files, theme, and plugin updates.
- Strategic SEO and digital marketing consulting and brainstorming sessions to drive business and marketing KPIs that contribute to bottom line growth.
What challenges have you helped businesses solve?
- I am launching a new business and need a custom website at an affordable price.
- I need a web design firm that builds SEO and strategy into the design.
- My website is not mobile friendly or does not look good on all devices.
- My website design does not represent my business or brand.
- My eCommerce website has a low conversion rate.
- My website is not generating as many leads or sales as I’d like.
- I can’t edit my website and have to pay a company to make minor changes.
- I need a website that users will love, and is SEO friendly.
- My website is outdated or has not been redesigned in the last few years.
- My website is not built on a responsive framework.
- My website does not look good on all current internet browsers such as Chrome, IE, Firefox or Safari.
How much does your website design cost?
One of the questions we get asked often is, “How much do your website design services cost?”. Our answer to this is, “we treat each design uniquely – as your goals, website, and needs are unique.” Most of the time we can work within your website design budget to accomplish your goals, but to be transparent, there are times when we won’t accept your business because the business goals you have outlined compared to the budget you have allotted, do not align – we don’t want to take your marketing dollars if we don’t feel we design you something that represents your brand vision.
Do you offer website management services?
Yes. Whether we designed and built your website, or you had it done by another website design company, we can help keep your website framework current, security up to date, and design looking great. WordPress is an amazing CMS, but to keep it operating at its peak, its framework, your custom theme, and WordPress plugins need to remain current. When any of these pieces become out of date, you can have security breeches and hacks, as well as design and functionality issues that cause user and SEO concerns.
Do you provide a brand book?
Yes, for larger website designs. Having a brand book is key to to ensuring that whether it’s an email, a brochure, merchandise, or a 10-foot sign, your company’s identity will be consistent across all customer and user touchpoints.
What’s included in your website designs?
- Current State Debrief
- Information Architecture
- Design / Development
- SEO and User Transition Plan
- Measurement Strategy
Do you outsource your design and development work?
No. Everything we produce is done 100% in-house by our local designers and developers.
Do you offer website hosting?
We don’t currently offer hosting for clients, but if we are building your website within WordPress, we highly recommend using WPengine.com
Do you offer other design services outside of website design?
Yes. Beyond the traditional services noted above, we can also offer the additional design services outlined below to help you market your business and build your brand.
- Logo Design
- PowerPoint Template Designs
- Business Card Design
- Letterhead Design
- Brochure & Flyer Design
- Stationary Design
- Postcard Design
- Billboard Design
- Print Advertisement Design
- T-Shirt & Apparel Design
- Packaging Design
- Marketing Collateral
Do you offer photography services for businesses or products?
Yes – but only for local clients.