If you are a beginner in the process of trying to create a product page that’s optimized to get the highest possible SEO ranking and the maximum return on investment, there are several elements your page must have. Those elements will help to make your page more attractive, load easier and make people interested in visiting your page again and again. The key is designing and laying out your product page to enhance readability and help potential customers get a clear understanding of what the product looks like, how it’s used and what it can do.
The Value Of A Well-Optimized Product Page
A well-optimized product page is priceless. It can dramatically reduce your price per conversion cost. Good SEO can garner lots of traffic and a properly optimized landing page can transform visitors into customers and provide an excellent return on investment.
Position Keywords Properly
Properly positioning relevant keywords can help to draw targeted consumers to your website. Higher ranking, high-volume, traffic-generating keywords should get more exposure. This will help reach online shoppers, keep visitors engaged and increase conversion rates. There are several other variables involved, but with continued testing of the text, layout and keyword positioning, it’s possible to expedite the search engine ascension process.
Building Trust And Relevance
Using SEO effectively makes it easier for your site to build trust and relevance among your target consumers. Providing accurate, timely, content and product reviews and ratings will help to increase your site’s relevance, build trust and gain a coveted top tier position on search engine results pages.
Crossing Multiple Segments
Well-optimized product pages can cross multiple segments of the market and drive conversion. Effective SEO use can make your products more attractive to consumers from many segments of the market. Using the right SEO keyword cluster on your website can be as effective in attracting and converting diverse market segments as broadcasting expensive radio, television and magazine ads and it delivers a better return on investment.
Reaching A Targeted Audience
The value of SEO product pages is measured by their ability to reach targeted audiences and expose them to the products you offer that they want. Optimizing your product pages and using the right keyword phrases helps consumers actively seeking your products to be funneled to your website. This gives SEO unmatched value.
Product Page Optimization Improves SERP Positioning
Making sure your site architecture, topicality and content management system uses SEO to enhance your product page optimization can provide your website with an added advantage. Not only can it help to improve SERP positioning, it can help to increase the popularity of, traffic to and conversion rate on your website. Product page optimization has immense value for improving organic SERP rankings.
18 Ingredients of High Converting Product Pages
There are several key ingredients that when properly used on product pages can help to create high conversion rates and increased sales. Optimizing your product pages with as many of these ingredients as possible can attract more visitors to your e-commerce site, significantly increase visitor conversion rate and increase the ROI from your e-commerce site. The following are 18 ingredients of high converting product pages.
- Breadcrumbs – Breadcrumbs are essential site navigation tools that make it easier for visitors to find their way around a website and locate the products in which they have an interest. E-commerce sites should have both hierarchy and history-based breadcrumbs.
- Product Title – Catchy, interesting or sophisticated product titles can add perceived value to your products and may increase their sales. Include unique title tags for each product page for SEO purposes. The titles should include the product name, model, brand and item type.
- Images – Detailed, prominent, quick-to-load, images are essential for e-commerce product pages. Having the option to zoom in to better see the details of the product also helps people make buying decisions. Providing images showing the product in action in different contexts can also help increase sales.
- Videos – Videos of the product in action makes online shoppers feel like they are shopping in person. This can be an extremely powerful tool for convincing them to purchase a product.
- 360° Views – providing a 360° view of your ecommerce products you have for sale can provide customers with the information they need to confidently make their purchases online.
- Product Description – Clear, in-depth, original, product descriptions help shoppers understand how a product works and what it can do. A good product description enables consumers to envision the product making their life better and makes them more likely to purchase it.
- Product Detail – Providing detailed information about a product’s dimensions, specifications and materials can answer common questions shoppers might have and motivate them to purchase it.
- Product Options – Make it easy for potential customers to know the different colors, sizes, styles and other options your products have available. Displaying pictures of each of the options side-by-side can help shoppers make a faster buying decision.
- Price – The right pricing techniques can help products sell better. Research shows consumers look at the price tag’s leftmost digit. So, charging $19.99 rather than $20 can make products sell faster.
- Urgency & Availability – Creating a sense of urgency when customers are making buying decisions can help you close more sales. Saying the price or product will only be available for a limited time is often very effective in motivating visitors to your website to purchase products in which they have a passing interest.
- A Prominent ‘Buy Now’ or ‘Add to Cart’ Button – Using color, design or positioning to make your ‘Buy Now’ or ‘Add to Cart’ buttons stand out makes people more likely to click them. Don’t allow competing design elements and clutter to distract the shopper from the ‘Buy Now’ and ‘Add to Cart’ buttons.
- Live Chat – Adding a ‘Live Chat’ or chatbot option can create higher converting product pages. If shoppers have questions preventing them from making a purchase, they can click on ‘Live Chat’ and get their questions or concerns addressed. This can increase sales significantly.
- Ratings & Reviews – Adding customer ratings, reviews and testimonials on your products to your product pages helsp to increase consumer interest in and sales of your products.
- Add to Wishlist – Adding Wishlists to your website enables shoppers not yet ready to buy to save the items they want on their wishlist until a later date. This improves your chances of closing the sale later. They can return and purchase them when they are ready.
- Social Sharing Buttons – Integrating easy to use social media sharing buttons into your e-commerce website’s confirmation page gives people the opportunity to share your products they just purchased with family and friends.
- Views or Likes – Give shoppers the ability ‘view’ and ‘like’ your products. When your product pages have lots of views and likes, show it on your site.
- Cross-Sells & Recently Viewed Products – Using cross-sells and recently viewed products help keep shoppers on your site longer looking at products. Cross sells shows them products related to the ones they just bought. Showing them a list of the products they previously viewed can lead them to purchase items they were uncertain about.
- Up-Sells – Creating a display of higher-end items related to the ones the customers bought and looked increases the opportunity for purchases of higher cost item or upsells.
Tips To SEO Optimize Your Product Pages For Maximum Rankings
The U.S. has over 200 million digital shoppers and the e-commerce space more competitive than ever. Optimizing your product pages can help to organically generate more traffic can make a significant difference in your e-commerce website’s success. Some simple things you can do to optimize your product pages include:
Choosing the right keywords for your product pages is essential. They should have the highest conversion potential, regularly get searched and align closely with and be the best match for the product pages. Doing thorough keyword research is critical. While high volume keywords are helpful, keywords that attract the most targeted traffic are also very important.
An Effective Title Tag
An effective title tag contains the primary keyword, secondary keywords and a call to action. Prevent your title tag from seeming too much like spam to your target audience and search engines by making sure you don’t put too many keywords in it. Your primary goal is funneling traffic to your website, so balancing click through rate and SEO efforts is vital. Use a unique title tag for each product page.
Informative, well thought out, meta descriptions can indirectly impact the flow of traffic to your website. They can increase click-through rate and make search engines increase your site’s ranking. Each product page meta description should be unique, concise, have one or two high-value keywords, a call to action and not go over the 300 characters.
Having high-quality on-page content that provides details about the products is very important. It should have a strong title containing a target keyword, secondary keywords sprinkled throughout, and over 250 words of content that’s valuable and actionable.
Optimizing your product images for search can help you get a little extra exposure within the search results. Make sure every product images has an alt tag associated with it, as well as a descriptive file name.
10 Ways to Optimize an Ecommerce Product Page to Boost Sales
When you optimize your e-commerce product pages you can boost product sales. The following are some steps you can take to make your e-commerce product pages more SEO friendly.
- Use Impressive Product Photos – Clear, high-quality, photos of your products makes product pages more attractive to consumers.
- Provide Detailed Product Content – Product pages with detailed, useful, in-depth, content makes shoppers more likely to buy.
- Ecommerce Product Page Must Feature a Clear Call-to-Action – A clear, powerful, well placed, call-to-action encourages visitors to make a purchase.
- Optimize Your Ecommerce Product Page for Mobile – Many consumers access the internet through their smartphones and other mobile devices. Mobile-optimized sites rank higher on SERPs. Making sure your product pages are optimized for mobile devices gives more consumers access to your e-commerce website.
- Increase Trust with Customer Reviews and Ratings – Posting customer reviews, rating and testimonials on your e-commerce website helps to increase its credibility and trustworthiness.
- Upsell and Cross-Sell Relevant Products – Letting customers see higher quality versions of products they have bought on your site and offering them related products can increase your sales numbers, ROI and profits.
- Give Your Ecommerce Product Page an Engaging Title – Having engaging titles for your product pages increases customer interest, visitors to your site and sales.
- Create Urgency – Letting customers know there’s a limited amount of specific products and the low price being offered will only be available for a short time creates a sense of urgency and can move customer to buy right away.
- Pricing & Shipping Costs – Having pricing and shipping costs that are clearly visible and affordable makes your product pages more user friendly.
- Display the Return Policy on Your Ecommerce Product Page – Letting customers know you stand behind your products and returning items they don’t want is fast and easy, clearly display your company’s return policy on your product pages.
A Better User Experience
Creating a better user experience should be the priority of any e-commerce website that wants a higher conversion rate and more revenue generation. Making sure your product pages are properly optimized can help create a high SEO ranking and generate the maximum ROI possible. Using the right SEO strategy, regularly reviewing each product page and making changes as necessary, can you optimize your product pages and be successful.