1. Local Links: Reach out to the community for sponsorships, community involvement, and get listed in local, relevant directories.
2. Quality Content: Do the keyword research and find quality keywords, questions, and long tail key phrases that will drive targeted traffic. Once you have found these you need to create high value content around these keywords.
3. Asset Management and Exposure: Make sure you are exposing (making it crawlable for the search engines) and optimizing all the assets you have at your disposal. This includes images, video (add transcripts), new and used inventory, parts, accessories, etc.
4. Local SEO: Make sure you have a focused local presence. Remember that all these different listings should have the exact same contact information, written in the exact same way.
5. Technical Optimization: Make sure you have a healthy website with little-to-no technical concerns that would keep metrics from flowing through the site or getting applied to the most important pages (those which covert and drive traffic).
6. Reputation Management: This might be the most important since most car dealers get a bad rap. Make sure you monitor your reputation online by doing searches in Google for your brand name coupled with things like scam, rip off, etc.